Press - Important Information
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROJECT
Woolsack is part of the London 2012 Cultural Olympiad having been granted the Inspire mark.
(please use this recommended phrase)
- Woolsack is a London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games Inspire Project
- The project enables anyone to contribute to making a cushion from British wool. These are being given as a personal welcome gift from the people of Britain to as many as possible of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic athletes.
- A few thousand cushions are finished and are being distributed to athletes with more still being made.
- Any of these special cushions not taken by athletes will be donated to hospices, care homes and other charities working with people facing challenges in their life.
- We sent sample cushions to some UK elite athletes earlier in the year and their feedback showed us how much they love and value them.
- Woolsack is a project about British wool, taking it from the farm to the end use.
- It is steeped in our history of local communities, making things, hospitality and sharing skills
- It gives people otherwise unable to participate in the activities around the 2012 Games a chance to become personally involved.
- It’s about giving and creating
- It’s about making new friends
- We'll be sharing all this with the athletes by making personal gifts for them that are beautiful, functional and are a little bit of Britain to take home with them.
This website introduces the Inspire Programme:
About the Inspire programme: The Inspire programme is run by the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games. It is an opportunity for everyone to be a part of the London 2012 Games – a broad participation programme spanning sport participation, education, sustainability, volunteering, and business opportunities & culture. New opportunities are being created to inspire young people and encourage the whole of the UK to join in. The Inspire programme has awarded over 1,400 different projects the Inspire mark.
Terminology and language -
When referring to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games you need to use very specific language. Please note the following guidelines.