NFU North East Schools Project
At the beginning of 2012 NFU North East worked with five schools in the north east of England.
The children all learned to make felt and each school produced a cushion made up of the felt squares created by the children. They also learnt about sheep and farming and about British wool.
The schools that participated are:
- South Street Primary School, Gateshead
- Park End Primary School, Middlesbrough
- Kippax Greenfield Primary School, Leeds
- Sedgefield Community College, Durham
- Neasden Primary School, Hull
A tweet from Park End Primary School
The cushions they produced are all wonderful and one, from Kippax Greenfield Primary School, Leeds, was featured on BBC Breakfast on 9 June 2012. (the cushion is on Louise Minchin's lap)
More information about South Street Primary School can be found here.
A blog about the project at Sedgefield Community College can be seen here.